Need a breakfast recipe to feed a fairly large group of people that’s also very simple and quick to toss together? Then I have the recipe for you; Made with ingredients that can be picked up at any grocery store, this breakfast bake is easy to customize to you and your guests preferences, so have fun with and get cookin’!
I made my breakfast casserole by first creating a layer of hash browns, followed with a layer of biscuits, bacon, onions, sausage and scrambled eggs and cheese. Topped off with another layer of hash browns and cooked until golden brown…seriously, consider any hangover cured with this one.
Biscuits & Hash Browns Breakfast Bake
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a casserole pan with cooking spray then spread out half of the shredded hash browns in an even layer. Arrange the biscuits on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and crumble the bacon and breakfast sausage (if not using a precooked variety). Spread the bacon and sausage on top of the biscuits and hash browns. Add the chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream and half of the cheddar cheese. Pour the mixture evenly across the tops of the biscuits. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in the garlic powder.
- Spread the remaining hash browns over the tops of the biscuits to form a solid layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the hash browns on top are golden and crisp and the biscuits have puffed up.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the hash browns. Serve right away and enjoy!