Bubble Pizza Casserole
The Starving Chef is supported by Hungry People like you. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link on my site, I may earn a little bit of cash on the side (at no extra cost to you) to help keep my kitchen running. Read our disclosures here.
Today we’re making bubble pizza. It’s the easiest weeknight pizza recipe you never knew you needed.
Made with a buttery biscuit crust, this pizza casserole tosses traditional pizza assembly aside to build the ultimate deep dish pizza.
Bubble pizza takes on all the best qualities of traditional pizza and transforms them into this insanely delicious weeknight casserole. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can even make your own biscuit dough from scratch instead of using the canned kind. I love my pizza with an assortment of toppings so feel free to pile on your favorite toppings too. This recipe is more of a guideline – creativity in the kitchen should never be stifled, so feel free to experiment to discover your own favorite pizza combinations. There are no flavors you don’t like, just tastes you haven’t acquired yet.
- 2 cans flaky biscuit dough cut into quarters
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup crumbled cooked sausage
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes + more for topping, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated + more for topping
- ¼ cup fresh basil + more for topping
- balsamic for drizzling
- srircha for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven 350 F. Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, parsley, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the bottom of a glass baking dish. Arrange the pepperoni on top. Then arrange the cut biscuits in a single layer on top of the pepperoni. Pour the butter over the biscuits and use a basting brush to evenly coat the dough.
- Sprinkle on the chopped red onion, crumbled sausge, basil and mozzarella cheese. Cover lightly with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 10 minutes. If the center is not puffed up and golden brown, continue to cook the bubble pizza in five minute increments until the center is firm.
- Top with parsley, basil, red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese. Drizzle on balsamic and sriracha to taste. Enjoy!