I’m of the belief that steak is best served golden brown and rare. And the secret to a perfect steak isn’t some fancy marinade either – all you need is some salt, pepper, and ghee.
Ghee is a clarified butter generally used in Indian cooking, but has recently started trending amongst the health food community because of its awesome benefits, like being high in vitamins A and E and isn’t restricted by dairy intolerance.
Plus, ghee has a higher smoking point than traditional butter so you can really get the skillet nice and hot, resulting in a perfectly golden, crispy, salt and pepper crusted steak.
Of course, after searing, let the steaks rest for a few minutes so they retain all their juices. And that’s how you achieve the perfect steak!
Butter Ghee Crusted Steak
- 2 center cut steaks / filet mignon
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- fresh parsley for topping (optional)
- Preheat a skillet over high heat. Add the ghee.
- As the ghee melts, rub the salt and pepper onto the steaks until all sides are covered.
- Add the steaks to the skillet. Sear for 3-5 minutes per side or until the steak has reached the desired doneness. Let the steaks rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. Serve hot and enjoy!