Today we’re making cheesy jalapeño bacon chicken sliders. They’re the easiest solution to feeding a crowd – or just yourself throughout the week.
Three layers of cheese are broken up by jalapeños, bacon, sliced chicken and a deliciously simple DIY ranch mayonnaise.
These things make for great tailgating food, party appetizers and are even pretty good served cold in a lunch box for several days after you make them.
My fiancé is out of the country right now and frankly I’m sick of eating thanksgiving leftovers so these sliders were a nice change of pace between heavy holiday meals.
I’m currently working on totally redoing my website from the ground up so my posting schedule is going to be weird for the rest of 2019. But fear not, I’ll be back and hungrier than ever in 2020!
Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Sliders
- 12 slider buns
- 16 oz deli chicken sliced thin
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup honey melted
- ½ cup bacon cooked & crumbled
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 8 slices pepperjack cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzrella cheese or fresh mozzarella pearls, one per slider
- 12 slices American cheese
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon dill
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, melted honey, onion powder, garlic powder, dill, celery salt and fresh parsley.
- Arrange the bottom halves of the slider buns in a large baking dish so that the edges of the buns are all touching. Spread the mayo mix over the bottoms of the buns.
- Then layer on the pepperjack cheese, chicken, bacon, jalapeno, mozzarella and American cheese. Place the tops back on the buns.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and stir in the sesame seeds, dried onion, dried garlic and dill. Pour the butter over the tops of the buns. Use a basting brush to spread the butter out evenly across the buns.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the sandwiches are heated through and the cheese is melty. Use a knife to precut the sandwiches in the pan. Remove and serve hot or chill and serve later. Enjoy!