Here’s a recipe for the easiest – and tastiest – crab rangoon CHEESEBALL you’ll ever have.
I LOVE crab rangoon – and it can be hard to recreate it at home. This recipe is the best combination of a cheeseball AND crab rangoon.
It has a dash of sweetness and a hint of spiciness – plus it’s a pretty unique take on a cheeseball if you ask me.
Rolled in crispy panko and fried onion then topped with spicy sriracha and tangy green onions, this crab rangoon cheeseball is the appetizer you never knew you needed.
Crab Rangoon Cheeseball
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup panko
- ¼ cup French fried onions
- 8 oz crab meat can sub immitation crab, shredded
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper jelly sweet or spicy
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan grated
- cooking spray oil
- sriracha for topping
- crackers & veggies for serving
- Preheat the oven to 250 F. In a small bowl, crush together the panko and fried onions. Spread the mix over a baking sheet and spritz lightly with cooking oil spray. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the panko has some color and is toasted lightly. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the crab meat, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, pepper jelly, soy sauce and Parmesan cheese. Combine throughly.
- Spread out a sheet of plastic wrap and scoop the crab cheese mix into the center. Use your hands under the plastic wrap to form the cheese into a ball shape. Wrap tightly and chill for at least 1 hour, until the cheese is set and firm to the touch.
- When the cheese has set, unwrap and roll in the panko topping until it is completely coated. Serve topped with sriracha and green onions alongside a range of crackers and veggies for dipping. Enjoy!