All the best flavors of the summer are coming together to play out the season on a flavorful note.
One of my favorite recipes, this sweet and spicy shrimp pasta will have your tastebuds singing a tasty tune.
The goat cheese adds a creamy touch that helps to soothe the heat from this dish! Plus it pairs beautifully with lemon and shrimp.
Most of these ingredients I already had in my kitchen – I love figuring out new ways to use up excess ingredients, especially when the results are as delicious as this.
Creamy Lemon Basil Shrimp Noodles
- 16 oz shrimp
- 1 lemon juiced, reserve a few slices for garnish
- ½ cup fresh basil cut into ribbons
- 3 chiles or jalapenos finely chopped
- ½ cup red onion sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese + more for topping
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 box shell pasta
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Roll the basil leaves into a bundle and cut into ribbons with scissors.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter and saute the red onion, chiles and garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the moisture is beginning to evaporate. Add the peeled shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the shrimp is starting to turn pink. Pour in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and then stir in the goat cheese. When the cheese is melted completely, remove from the heat.
- Toss in about half of the basil ribbons and reserve the rest for garnish. Serve the pasta in bowls and top with the remaining goat cheese crumbles, basil ribbons and a slice of lemon juice for spritzing over the warm pasta. Serve hot for a main course or chill to serve as pasta salad. Enjoy.