Egg Noodle Shrimp Alfredo
The Starving Chef is supported by Hungry People like you. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link on my site, I may earn a little bit of cash on the side (at no extra cost to you) to help keep my kitchen running. Read our disclosures here.
I’ll be the first to admit that I love alfredo – but hate making it. Not that the process is difficult, I just want all of that delicious cheesy goodness in my face hole all that much faster.
Recently, I’ve been playing a lot of “What’s in my Fridge Door” where I sift through old ingredients to make something new and delicious.
Where the twist comes in, is that we will be using jarred alfredo sauce as our base instead of making it from scratch. And this isn’t going to be your boring ol’ fettuccine alfredo – no!
Instead of fettuccine, we’ll swap in egg noodles; and swap in some tangy flavors like pickled jalapenos, capers and dill.
What’s in My Fridge Door?
Here’s what we pulled out of the fridge tonight!
- frozen shrimp – I always like to keep shrimp handy, and since I have half a bag left, it’s the perfect amount to add to our noodles
- garlic – and lots of it!
- pickled jalapenos – the brine adds a hidden layer of zest in each bite
- alfredo sauce – I’m using a jar of plain alfredo (Ragu brand) that is just begging for some added flavors
- olive oil and butter – to make sure everything sautes nicely
- wide egg noodles – not sure where they came from, but it’s time to use them up!
- fresh parsley and dill – I’m alway a proponent of using FRESH ingredients over dried
- capers – for pops of saltiness throughout
- feta cheese – for sprinkling on top!
While I was initially skeptical about combining all of these ingredients (I always warn my husband on experimental nights to have a pizza on speed dial) the final dish came out amazing!
So amazing that I will definitely have to make this dish again in the future.
It’s so easy to make, you’ll be wondering why you didn’t think of it ages ago – it’s a good thing the universe of ingredients in my fridge aligned perfectly to bring this dish to the internet!
Egg Noodle Shrimp Alfredo
- ½ cup plain alfredo sauce
- 8 oz shrimp peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno drained & chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill
- ½ bag egg noodles cooked
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and heat until shimmery. Add the shrimp and cook until pink – about 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles according to the instructions on the bag to al dente.
- Without cleaning the skillet, add the butter and heat until frothy. Add the pickled jalapenos and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Then stir in the capers.
- Add the egg noodles and alfredo sauce to the skillet. Heat until bubbling then reduce the heat to medium low. Stir in the parsley, dill and cooked shrimp. Stir well to combine. Serve hot and enjoy!