Had I known about grilled PB&Js growing up, my mother would have heard nothing but requests for it – especially since she wasn’t a great cook so PB&Js and grilled cheeses were already a staple in our diets. Sorry mom, but you know it’s true.
It doesn’t even matter what kind of jelly you prefer (how I ended up with a boyfriend who prefers strawberry jelly over grape, I’ll never know), as long as you know how to make a grilled cheese, you’ll know how to make a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Just whip up your sandwiches to your liking.
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat before adding the sandwich.
Here’s a protip: right before you flip the sandwich, add another tablespoon of butter to the pan to ensure each side is equally crispy! Grill until golden brown and serve immediately – but be careful if handing over to a child, the insides will be hot!
Grilled Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 4 slices white or wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons jelly of choice
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter + more as needed
- Prepare each sandwich with peanut butter and jelly. Place the slices together to make a sandwich.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Place one sandwich into the melted butter, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! CAUTION: Insides will be HOT!