This Halloween, creep out your guests with some spider leg pizza dip!
With bread sticks for legs, a bread bowl body filled with pizza sauce, and ooey gooey cheese ball eyes, this dip is to die for.
I brushed my legs with garlic butter and draped them over some mason jars covered with foil. If you don’t have any mason jars lying around, you can always use balled up foil or an upside down bread tin.
To prevent the inside of the bread from getting too soggy, be sure to line with provolone or your favorite type of cheese. I also added an extra layer of mozzarella cheese around the sides of the body, so one the legs are gone, the body can be sliced up and served to your guests.
Dip the legs into the pizza sauce-blood filled body and pull the eyes off one-by-one. Happy Halloween!
Halloween SPIDER DIP Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Unroll the bread stick dough and separate into eight evenly sized bread sticks. Wrap mason jars in foil and grease with cooking spray. Lay the strips of dough over the mason jars and create a small 'foot' at the bottom of each 'leg.'
- Melt the butter and whisk in the garlic powder. Brush the garlic butter onto the bread sticks then bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the legs are cooking, cut a circle into the top of the sourdough loaf and remove the center. About one inch down from the first cut, slice about one inch to the loaf all around the center cut. Leave a space for the face.
- Press mozzarella into the slices around the hole in the center, and line the hole with provolone cheese. Bake until the provolone and mozzarella has melted.
- Use tooth picks to secure pepperonis onto the face of the spider. Leave the toothpicks sticking far enough out to add the mozzarella balls and jalapeno slices. Pour the pizza sauce into the hole in the center of the loaf, and bake until the mozzarella is just beginning to melt – creating a 'weepy eyed' look.
- Remove the cooked bread stick legs from the mason jars. Place one end of each bread stick into the pizza sauce. Serve as the centerpiece at your next Halloween party. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!