I made a snap decision to watch football this weekend – and while I really have no idea how many touchdowns it takes to score a homerun, I am definitely the MVP of tailgating party food.
Today we’re tackling the snack table with these Hawaiian ham and Swiss sliders. One of my all time favorite finger foods, this recipe will have you kicking off the sports season in the best way possible.
Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Slider
- 1 package (12 buns) Hawaiian sweet roll slider buns
- 16 oz thin sliced ham
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds and/or white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Slice the Hawaiian sweet bread in half through the middle. Place the bread into a square casserole dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, dijon mustard, honey mustard, worcestershire, sesame seeds, dried minced onion and garlic and poppyseeds. Set aside to develop flavor for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the mayonnaise over the bottom half of the Hawaiian sweet bread. Arrange half of the Swiss cheese in alternating layers across the bottom of the bread.
- Place the ham slices onto the bread in a single thick layer. Place the remaining Swiss cheese on top then put the second half of the bread on top to make a big sandwich.
- Use a basting brush to spread the butter mustard mix on top and on the sides of the sweet bread. Cover the top of the rolls lightly with foil – so that it is mostly tented over the rolls and not pressed onto the tops.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an addition 2-5 minutes – until the rolls are golden brown on top. Serve hot, room temp or chilled on game day. Enjoy!