If you are one of those people who really hates to cook or if you are trying to save some money instead of eating out for lunch every day of the week, then meal prepping for every week might just be the answer to your woes. This week, I prepped three different wraps: barbecue chicken, chipotle ranch, and hummus and cucumber with chicken. Most of these ingredients I already had in my kitchen, so I only needed to buy fresh wraps and veggies. Get creative with your ingredients (meal prepping is also a great way to clean out the fridge)! I grilled up two large chicken breasts, then sliced them thin. I wanted to spread the chicken out between the wraps so there was just enough to get some protein, but then also pack the wrap with filling vegetables. This week’s challenge was brown bag meals, so I actually packed each of my meals in a brown bag for lunch! I made a garlic orzo salad too, which was a perfect side dish.
Chipotle Ranch Chicken Wrap
Monday’s Lunch: Chipotle ranch chicken wrap with garlic orzo salad, an apple, and two Oreos.
BBQ Chicken with Parmesan Cheese
Tuesday’s Lunch: Chicken marinated in BBQ sauce, two mandarin oranges, and garlic orzo salad.
Hummus & Veggies Chicken Wrap
Wednesday’s Lunch: Chicken with hummus, cucumbers, red onion and lettuce, hummus with carrots, and two Oreos.
Healthy Chicken Wraps | Meal Prep Sundays
- Grill the chicken breast until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the grill and let cool. Slice into strips.
- Marinate the chicken slices you want for a barbecue wrap in the barbecue sauce as the chicken cools.
- Using your favorite tortillas, place 4-5 slices of chicken in each wrap along with cheese, one cup of lettuce, and hummus or chipotle ranch dressing. Add pepperoni, onions, cucumber and tomatoes as desired in each wrap.
- Roll the tortillas into a burrito by tucking in the edges, then rolling the tortilla into itself. Wrap the tortilla tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Chill until ready to serve.
- Wraps will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Pack into brown bags alongside healthy treats and orzo salad. Enjoy!