Honey Lime Corn Salad
The Starving Chef is supported by Hungry People like you. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link on my site, I may earn a little bit of cash on the side (at no extra cost to you) to help keep my kitchen running. Read our disclosures here.
Sweet corn is synonymous with summertime. So are cookouts. It’s now summertime. Obviously that means it’s time to bring a sweet corn salad to your next cookout!
This refreshlingly sweet corn dish can be served as a dip or a side. Sweet corn is lightly sauted (or boiled) then combined with crunchy cucumber, broccoli and radishes (for a bit of zip).
The honey lime marinade is great on more than just this corn salad too – try it as a salad dressing or shrimp marinade!
Here’s What You Need
Making this corn salad is as simple as sauting, chilling and serving!
- sweet corn – use fresh boiled or frozen/canned sweet corn (though fresh is definitely the way to go!)
- broccoli – for added texture
- radish – adds a bit of bitterness to offset the sweetness
- cucumber – seedless is the way to go!
- carrot & celery – add flavor & texture
- onion & garlic – for savory notes
- lime – add a bit of twang to your salad!
- honey – locally sourced honey can enhance the sweetness of the corn
- apple cider vinegar – brightens up the overall flavor of the marinade
- sugar – to taste, boost the sweetness to your preferences!
- red pepper flakes & smoked paprika – to taste, add heat to your liking
The secret to the perfect texture and flavor is first sauting the corn – and then while the corn is still hot, adding everything but the cucumber to the corn so that it all softens together. Then when the corn is cooled, add the cucumber just before chilling the dish so that the cucumber remains crunchy but the broccoli is lightly ‘blanched’ soft.
Serve this dish at your next summer party – it’s sure to be a hit!
Honey Lime Corn Salad
- 5 cups sweet corn fresh, canned or frozen
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- ¼ cup radish chopped
- ¼ cup carrot chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- ½ English cucumber chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked peppercorn to taste
- If using fresh corn on the cob, first boil the corn until tender then slice off the kernels.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter and saute the corn for 8-10 minutes, until the corn is just started to brown and pop.
- While the corn is still hot, transfer it to a large bowl. Stir in the broccoli, radishes, carrot, onion, garlic and celery.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime, honey, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika and red pepperflakes (to taste). Pour over the corn mixture and stir well to combine.
- Cool to room temperature then stir in the cucumber. Chill for at least one hour for best flavor. Enjoy as a side dish or serve as a dip with chips. Enjoy!