It’s tailgating season ya’ll. If you’re looking for the perfect finger food for the next big game, look no further than this simple pull-apart hot dog wreath!
Made with simple to find ingredients, this recipe is easier to do than it looks.
It’s a twist on pigs-in-a-blanketI se and looks for “sophisticated” too!
I served my wreath with a honey mustard sauce in the center, but feel free to dip your dogs in whatever you wish.
Lit’l Smokies Wreath with Everything Bagel Topping
- 1 can Pilsbury pizza dough / sheet dough
- 1 package Lit'l Smokies
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese cubes
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 2 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg whisked
- honey mustard sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Roll out the pizza dough and cut into 10 long strips lengthwise and 5-6 long strips across. You should have about 50-60 individual pieces that are about an inch long.
- Wrap each smokie in a strip of dough. For any remaining dough, wrap around the cheese cubes as desired.
- For the everything bagel topping: in a small bowl stir together the sesame seeds, poppyseeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grease a springform pan or round cake pan. Arrange the wrapped hot dogs and cheese into a circle, stacking as you go. OPTIONAL: Place a ramekin in the center to keep the shape as it cooks.
- Brush the whisked egg over the top of the dough bits. Sprinkle the everything bagel topping over the dough as desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with warmed honey mustard or your favorite BBQ sauce. Enjoy!