Recently, I’ve been seeing boxes of straight up Lucky Charm’s marshmallows for sale. Seriously. No cereal. All marshmallows.
And honestly, it’s a childhood dream come true!
These Lucky Charm’s cereal treats are the PERFECT St. Patrick’s day dessert – I mean, what else is down to catch the elusive leprechaun at the end of the rainbow? Especially if it means more marshmallows?!
These cereal treats are super simple – and the recipe is based off the classic Rice Krispie Treats recipe!
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 3 cups dehydrated mini marshmallows Lucky Charms mini-marshallows
- ½ cup butter
- spray oil for greasing spoons and hands
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl. Grease a cake pan with the spray oil. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Melt the butter until frothy then add the marshmallows.
- Stir CONSTANTLY until the marshmallows are completely melted and are without lumps. Pour the melted marshmallow over the Lucky Charms cereal.
- Spray a spatula with oil. Stir gently until the marshmallow completely coats the cereal. You may need to grease the spatula a few times to prevent sticking.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cup of the dehyrdrated marshmallow bits and stir into the cereal mixture. Dump the cereal mixture into the greased cake pan. Lightly spray your hands with oil and gently press the cereal into the corners of the pan. Take care not to press too hard or else your treats will be HARD.
- Let the Lucky Charms treats set for 1-3 hours – if you can! Serve cut into 2×2 squares or in your desired shapes. Enjoy!