Folks, I think I’ve found the winning combo. Sure, that strawberry avocado mix was good – but there’s just something about maple ice cream with chunks of crispy bacon laced throughout that makes my tastebuds stand on point.
All you need is a can of sweetened condensed milk and two cups of heavy whipping cream.
Use a stand or electric mixer to whip the cream until light and fluffy.
Then combine the sweetened condensed milk with the heavy whipping cream, and blend for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
I fried up a couple slices of bacon nice and crispy-like, and let them cool completely before crumbling. I used a few tablespoons of brown sugar too, which definitely helped emphasize (and even out) the saltiness of the bacon.
Fold the ingredients into the ice cream base – I tried to leave some of the maple syrup intact, so there are ribbons of it throughout the ice cream.
Finally, freeze for 6-8 hours!
Will definitely be eating this one ALL TO MYSELF.
Maple, Bacon, and Brown Sugar | Two Ingredient Ice Cream
- Cook, cool and crumble the bacon strips.
- Using a stand mixer or electric whisk, beat the heavy whipping cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until the condensed milk is incorporated.
- Prepare the toppings. Pour the ice cream base into a sealable container. Fold in the brown sugar, bacon, and maple syrup, making sure to just mix the syrup until it's incorporated, but not mixed in completely, leaving ribbons throughout.
- Freeze 6-8 hours or until solid. Serve with more toppings or on a cone and enjoy!