Instant Pots are arguably the best kitchen device to come out of the last decade – mostly because they combine all of the best devices into one master cooking machine!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot for this recipe – have no fear. You can also totally make the same meatballs in a slow cooker or crockpot. Instead of using the Instant Pot to sear your meatballs, just toss them on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes to get some color on them first.
These meatballs are coated in a sweet apricot and maple bourbon BBQ sauce that’s made from scratch – and honestly it’s quite addicting.
They’re sweet and savory – and the perfect finger food for any party!
Maple Bourbon Meatballs | Instant Pot Recipes
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the meatballs. Use your hands to roll the meat into 1 inch round balls. In a smaller bowl, stir together the ingredients for the BBQ sauce.
INSTANT POT (IP):
- Put the IP on saute mode. Add the oil and wait until the screen displays "hot." Sear the meatballs on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side until the meatballs are cooked through. Remove from the IP and set aside.
- Turn off saute mode. Arrange the meatballs in the bottom of the IP in a single layer. It's okay if there are a few overlapping. Pour in the BBQ sauce so that it covers the meatballs. Then pour in 1 cup of water. Seal the IP and turn on to pressure cook for 10 minutes. Stir Let the sauce thicken for 20 minutes after depressurizing.
- Alternatively, skip adding the water and put the IP on slow cook mode for 2 hours.
- Arrange the meatballs on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the meatballs are beginning to brown.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the meatballs. Turn the slow cooker onto medium/high and cook for 2 hours, stir a couple times to make sure the meatballs are covered in sauce.
- Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer or serve with mashed potatoes for a full meal. Enjoy!