Personally, I drink hot chocolate only as a means to eat more marshmallows.
These extra chocolaty hot cocoa inspired cookies are stuffed with ooey gooey goodness.
These hot-chocolate infused cookies are STUFFED with marshmallows, and then topped with EVEN MORE MARSHMALLOWS.
It’s all my favorite things (marshmallows) about hot chocolate (the marshmallows) in one delicious (marshmallow-stuffed) cookie.
Marshmallow STUFFED Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 3 packets hot chocolate mix I used Swiss Miss individual packets
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1 package marshmallows
- white crystal sprinks optional, for topping
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs one at a time until the mixture is pale in color. Gradually stir in the hot chocolate mix until smooth, followed by the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add in quarter cup increments until a thick batter forms. If the batter is too wet, add an additional half cup of flour.
- Stir in the dehydrated marshmallow bits and mini chocolate chips. Chill the dough at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Measure about 2-3 tablespoons of dough and flatten in your palm. Press a marshmallow into the center and cover entirely with the flattened dough. Use extra dough as needed to make sure the marshmallow is completely covered. Roll between your hands to seal the edges.
- Arrange the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cookies are just barely cracking on top. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Sprinkle on the remaining dehydrated marshmallows and crystal sugar, as desired. Enjoy!