The Starving Chef is supported by Hungry People like you. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link on my site, I may earn a little bit of cash on the side (at no extra cost to you) to help keep my kitchen running. Read our disclosures here.
A while back I posted about my healthy chicken wraps I prepped for the week and lots of people asked about the orzo salad I included as one of my sides.
Well – the secret to this recipe is really in the sauce! If you’ve never tried Garlic Expressions before, seriously, go out and buy some…NOW! I’m not even sponsored by them in any way (but maybe I could be?), I literally love this dressing so much, I could probably drink it.
Another key step to this recipe is actually probably a somewhat unexpected tip for any pasta salad: add the vegetables when the pasta is still hot! This will effectively steam the broccoli, soften the tomatoes, and bring out the onion flavor. Be sure to pour the dressing over the salad twice – once when you put it in the fridge to chill, and again right before serving! Yum!
- 2 cups orzo
- 1 cup garlic vinaigrette
- 1 cup broccoli chopped into florets
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- ½ cup cucumber julienned
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the orzo according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain cooked orzo and return to pot.
- While the orzo is still piping hot, add the chopped broccoli, onions, and cherry tomatoes. Stir well to combine. Add the cucumber and pour in half of the garlic vinaigrette. Trasfer to a heat resistant bowl.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours, or until all ingredients have cooled completely.
- Pour on the remaining garlic vinaigrette and stir well. Serve as a side to healthy chicken wraps – Enjoy!