These tasty tubers are so easy, you’ll never want to eat anyone else’s home fries but your own. In fact, I’m fairly certain these potatoes are a good part of how I managed to snag my boyfriend. Literally, these potatoes will make people fall in love with you. Use at your own risk. Full disclaimer: Individual results of making others fall in love with you varies per person.
If you’re wondering why there’s a big loaf of bread and some eggs in the above picture, that’s because I made these taters as part of a the Hangover Cure Challenge – Toads-in-Holes and I highly recommend you try that easy recipe out as well. I mean if you’re already going to be in the kitchen…
Wash and chop your potatoes.
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat while you chop your potatoes. When ready, add the potatoes to the pan and saute in the oil for about 30 seconds. Be sure that all of the potatoes are covered in oil before you add your paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
Occasionally flip the potatoes until every side is beginning to brown. Add the garlic now. Then reduce heat and cover for about 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes can easily be cut in half with a spatula (or whatever you were using to stir and flip the potatoes).
Serve immediately alongside some toads-in-holes, fresh fruit, and depending on how hungover you are, either a large glass of ice water or a big ol’ cuppa coffee.
Perfect Paprika Potatoes
- Wash and chop the red skin potatoes into bite sized pieces. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the pan and gently toss them to ensure they are all coated in oil. Sprinkle the Hungarian paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper over the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes until they are browned on each side, approximately 15 minutes. Add the minced garlic to the pan and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and occasionally flip and stir the potatoes to prevent burning. Season the potatoes with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Perfect Paprika Potatoes alongside toads-in-holes, fresh fruit, and a big cup of coffee for a delightful meal. Enjoy!