What’s up, Hungry People
Today, I’m sharing a recipe that holds a special place in my heart: Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to bring you this delicious treat, but hey, better late than never, right? Get ready for an explosion of autumn flavors in every bite!
Here’s What You Need
- Pillsbury seamless dough roll: The base for the cinnamon rolls, providing the doughy texture.
- Pureed pumpkin: Adds moisture, flavor, and the distinct taste of pumpkin.
- Sugar: Sweetens the rolls and balances the flavors.
- Brown sugar: Enhances the caramel-like notes and adds richness.
- Unsalted butter: Provides richness, moisture, and flavor to the dough and filling.
- Cinnamon: Adds warmth and depth of flavor to the pumpkin spice filling.
- Nutmeg: Complements the pumpkin flavor with its warm and slightly sweet aroma.
- Ginger: Adds a hint of spiciness and complexity to the filling.
- Pumpkin spice mix (optional): Enhances the pumpkin flavor and provides a balanced blend of warm spices.
- Cream cheese: Creates a creamy, tangy, and slightly tart base for the icing.
- Powdered sugar: Sweetens the icing and helps achieve a smooth texture.
- Whole milk: Thins out the icing to a spreadable consistency.
- Maple syrup: Adds a touch of sweetness and a delightful maple flavor to the icing.
Embrace the Pumpkin Spice Season
If you’re anything like me, you can never get enough of those Pumpkin Spice Lattes (PSLs) during the fall season. But why limit the pumpkin spice goodness to just your coffee? These incredible cinnamon rolls will take your love for PSLs to a whole new level.
Trust me, they are worth the wait!
Tips & Tricks to Making Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Proofing the Yeast: To ensure your rolls turn out light and fluffy, make sure to activate your yeast properly. Dissolve it in warm water with a pinch of sugar and let it sit for a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Rolling the Dough: When rolling out the dough, dust your work surface generously with flour to prevent sticking. Take your time and roll it out evenly to create a uniform thickness.
- Evenly Spreading the Filling: For maximum flavor distribution, use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the pumpkin spice filling evenly over the dough. Be generous, but be careful not to overdo it, as it might make the rolls too messy to handle.
- Cutting the Rolls: A sharp serrated knife or dental floss can make the task of cutting the rolls much easier and neater. Slide the floss or knife under the rolled dough, cross it over the top, and pull to create a clean cut.
- Letting the Rolls Rise: After you’ve cut the rolls and placed them in the baking dish, cover them with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise in a warm, draft-free area until they have doubled in size. This step is crucial for achieving that fluffy texture we all love.
A Gooey and Spiced Center
Picture this: warm, fluffy dough filled with a luscious, ooey gooey pumpkin spice filling. The aroma alone is enough to make your mouth water! As you take a bite, you’ll experience the perfect blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and that unmistakable pumpkin flavor.
It’s like a cozy sweater for your taste buds!
The Icing on the (Cinnamon) Roll
Now, let’s talk about the crowning glory of these pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls: the maple cream cheese icing. Just the thought of it has me drooling!
This decadent icing adds a creamy and slightly tangy touch to each bite. It’s the icing on the (cinnamon) roll, if you will. The combination of the warm rolls and the velvety icing is simply irresistible.
Make Every Season Feel like Fall
One bite of these pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls, and you’ll be transported to a cozy autumn wonderland. The combination of pumpkin spice, warm dough, and creamy icing is pure magic. So, don’t wait for fall to indulge in this deliciousness—bake them all year round and make every season feel like fall!
Remember, Hungry People, good things come to those who wait. Now, go ahead, roll up your sleeves, and let’s get baking! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
FOR PUMPKIN ROLLS:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree with the white and brown sugar and butter. Add in the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger) and stir well to combine.
- Unroll the sheet of seamless dough. Spread a thin layer of pumpkin spice filling over the sheet of dough, making sure to reach the edges. Roll the dough into a spiral. Repeat with the remaining pumpkin filling and tubes of dough.
- Grease a 9×9 circular cake pan with butter. Slice the rolled dough into pieces using a serrated knife, and arrange the pieces in the pan, leaving about a quarter of an inch of space between them (it's okay if some are touching).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are puffed up and browned on top. Let the rolls cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- While the rolls are cooling, prepare the icing. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese together with the powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup until a thick frosting forms.
- Spread the frosting over the rolls once they have cooled. Serve the pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!