I have a sweet spot in my heart for cinnamon rolls.
In fact, I’m sort of disappointed in myself for not posting a cinnamon roll recipe sooner.
There will be more to come, trust me.
If you haven’t had enough PSLs this fall to get you through the season, these pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls will certainly do the trick. Filled with an ooey gooey pumpkin spiced center and topped with maple cream cheese icing, these rolls will make you wish fall was a year-round occasion.
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
FOR PUMPKIN ROLLS:
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Combine the pumpkin puree with the white and brown sugar and butter. Add in the spices and stir well to combine.
- Unroll the sheet of seamless dough. Spread a thin layer of pumpkin spice filling over the sheet of dough to the edges. Roll the dough into a spiral. Repeat with remaining pumpkin filling and tubes of dough.
- Butter a 9×9 circular cake well. Slice the rolled dough with a serrated knife and arrange the pieces in the pan so they are about a quarter of an inch apart (it's okay if some are touching).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are puffed up and browned on top. Let coll in the pans for 10 minutes.
- While the rolls are cooling, beat the cream cheese together with the powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup until a thick frosting forms. Spread the frosting over the rolls. Serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!