Sous vide desserts are all the rage these days – and I’ll eat cheesecake just about anyway it’s made.
These Oreo infused cheesecakes are right between “painstakingly making cheesecake from scratch” and “no bake cheesecake” – which honestly makes them the perfect cheesecake in my eyes: low effort, high reward.
Not only are they easy to assemble, there’s very little ‘supervision’ needed – don’t worry about cracked tops or soupy centers! Just pop them in with your immersion circulator and let them go! Then just chill until the cheesecake is solid and top it off with Oreo cookies and whipped cream – it’s that easy! Plus as an added bonus, they are totally portable, making them the perfect pick for a party as well.
PLEASE NOTE: This recipe is for a LARGE batch of OREO cheesecakes – I ended up with about 24 four (4) oz mason jars.
Sous Vide OREO Cheesecake
- vacuum baggies
- With the 20 OREOs being used for the crust, split the OREOs into halves and remove the cream center from 10 cookies and set aside. Crush the remaining cookies and cream until finely crushed and the cream is starting to make clumps in the OREO cookies.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese, buttermilk, sugar, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Add the eggs in, one at a time, waiting until each is completely mixed in before adding the next one.
- Press the crushed OREOs into the bottom of 4 oz ball mason jars. The crust should be a quarter inch thick – use just enough to completely cover the bottom of the jars.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling to a large gallon baggie – it's best to do this in batches; don't over fill the baggie.
- Snip off a corner of the baggie and pipe the cheesecake into the mason jars so that there is about a quarter inch of space left on top (about right where the threads start).
- Place the lids on the mason jars and tighten the rings. Put the mason jars into a large heat proof pot or container (I used a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket). Fill the container until the jars are completely submerged by at least an inch of water.
- Place the immersion circulator into the container and set it to 175 F. Cook the cheesecakes under sous vide for 90 minutes to two hours.
- While the cheesecakes cook, use a hand mixer to whip together the heavy whipping cream, cream centers and butter. Whip until a thick whipped cream forms with gentle peaks. Cover tightly and chill.
- When the cheesecakes are done, remove them from the water bath. Let the cheesecakes cool for about 30 minutes then place into the fridge to chill completely – about 3 hours.
- To serve, remove the lids and add a swirl of the OREO cream whipped cream and a whole OREO on top. Enjoy!