What’s Up, Hungry People
Back in my early blogging days, I created a simple recipe for Angry Orchard pork chops and it quickly became one of my most popular posts. While those chops are good, I’ve been wanting to revamp the recipe, just like I revamped my blog, for a few weeks now.
Today, I’m excited to share with you a revamped version of my popular Angry Orchard pork chops recipe. I wanted to kick things up a notch and give it a spicy twist, so I came up with these mouthwatering Sweet & Sriracha Hard Cider Pork Chops.
Trust me, you’re going to love this flavorful combination!
Here’s What You Need
- Pork chops: The main protein in the dish, providing a juicy and flavorful base.
- Angry Orchard hard cider: Used in the brine and sauce, adds a subtle apple flavor and tenderizes the meat.
- Sriracha: Adds a spicy kick and depth of flavor to the brine and sauce.
- Brown sugar: Balances the heat with a touch of sweetness in the sauce.
- Olive oil: Used in the brine, sauce, and for searing the pork chops. Adds moisture and enhances flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds tanginess and helps tenderize the meat in the brine.
- Paprika: Adds smokiness and color to the sauce, enhancing the overall flavor.
- Minced ginger: Provides a subtle warmth and complexity of flavor to the sauce.
- Salt: Enhances the overall taste and helps season the pork chops.
- Pepper: Adds a bit of mild heat and complements the other flavors in the dish.
Let’s Get Started
To get started, I began by brining the pork chops. I placed them in a large baggie and added the whole bottle of Angry Orchard hard cider, along with some apple cider vinegar, three tablespoons of olive oil, and a touch of salt. This brine not only infused the meat with delicious flavors but also helped to keep it moist and tender. I let the chops soak in the fridge for about 2 hours, allowing the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Once the brining time was up, I took the pork chops out of the bag and let them come to room temperature before cooking. This step ensured more even cooking and helped the chops retain their juiciness.
Meanwhile, I whisked together the other dry ingredients along with sriracha, creating a thick and spicy paste. I recommend chilling this mixture until you’re ready to slather it all over those pork chops. This helped the flavors meld together and intensified.
Now, it was time to cook these bad boys! I heated up a grill or a grill pan and seared the pork chops on both sides, making sure to turn them 90 degrees after 2-3 minutes to achieve those beautiful grill lines.
Once flipped and rotated, I generously spread the sweet and sriracha sauce on top of each chop, allowing it to melt and create a mouthwatering glaze.
To finish cooking the pork chops, I transferred them to a preheated oven set at 375°F. I let them bake for about 10 minutes, which gave me enough time to wrap up the rest of the dinner preparations. Tonight, I decided to serve these delectable chops with some tomato basil pierogies and steamed broccoli. It was a simple and satisfying meal using ingredients I had on hand in my freezer.
Once the pork chops were done, I took them out of the oven and gave them a few moments to rest.
This step is crucial, Hungry People!
Allowing the meat to rest for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing into it ensured that it retained all its juicy goodness. Believe me, the difference was worth the wait. Timing mattered when it came to serving a perfectly cooked meal!
Finally, it’s time to indulge! I recommend serving these tantalizing Sweet & Sriracha Hard Cider Pork Chops alongside a nice crisp Angry Orchard hard cider. The flavors complemented each other beautifully, creating a harmonious combination of sweet, spicy, and savory.
So take a sip, dig in, and enjoy every single bite!
Remember, Hungry People, cooking from scratch doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. With a few simple ingredients and a touch of creativity, you can transform everyday meals into something extraordinary. I hope you gave these Sweet & Sriracha Hard Cider Pork Chops a try and enjoyed the delightful flavors they brought to your table. Until next time, happy cooking!
Sweet & Sriracha Angry Orchard Pork Chops
- Make a quick brine for the pork chops by combining the Angry Orchard hard cider, apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of sriracha, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Place the pork chops in the brine and let them soak for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining sriracha, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, paprika, and minced ginger until a thick paste forms. Chill this mixture until you're ready to spread it on the pork chops.
- Bring the pork chops to room temperature while preheating the oven to 375°F (190°C). Heat a grill or grill pan and sear each chop on both sides for 2-3 minutes, or until grill lines appear.
- Spread the sriracha sauce mixture on each pork chop, covering them evenly. Transfer the pork chops to the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Once cooked, remove the pork chops from the oven and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. This step is crucial for retaining moisture and ensuring juiciness.
- Serve the Sweet & Sriracha Hard Cider Pork Chops alongside a nice cold bottle of Angry Orchard hard cider. Enjoy!