When it comes to easy recipes, this one takes the cake… I mean, chicken?
I hate making the exact same thing twice. Rarely do I make something and think “this I will make for the rest of my life.” I hate leftovers. The more variety in my diet, the better. Plus most of our meals revolve around what’s popular on the internet at the time.
Are SO GOOD.
I’ve lost track of the number of weeks we’ve been in quarantine. But I can say that we’ve eaten these wraps nearly weekly for the last few months. That’s how good they are.
I’m not sure what the secret is to these wraps that make them so good. Maybe it’s the fresh and crispy broccoli slaw stuffed inside. Or perhaps our favorite baked chicken tendies.
In the end, it all comes down to the straight up addicitive homemade peanut sauce that goes on them. Spicy and sweet, peanut butter might be the last thing you would think to spread on these Thai-inspired wraps.
Mixed with minced ginger, sriracha and honey, the peanut sauce is awesome on more than just these wraps. We’ve made the sauce alone more times than I can count, just for dipping random stuff into.
I meanted broccoli slaw. If you’re scratching your head over what that is, take a gander at your bagged produce next time you go to the store. It’s usually by the regular cole slaw and shredded lettuce. We use it in just about everything! But in these wraps, it especially shines.
Stuff your wraps with the rest of your favorite toppings like baby corn and pickled jalapenos for some added heat. I tossed in a handful of fried, crispy onions for additional crunch. I just used our favorite brand of crispy tenders for the chicken in the middle – but feel free to make your own or make them skinless if that’s what you’re into!
Thai Peanut Crispy Chicken Wraps
- 4 crispy chicken tenders cooked
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 4 tablespoons peanut sauce for topping, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons crispy fried onions for topping
- 4 spears baby corn for topping
- ¼ cup sweet & spicy pickled jalapenos for topping
- Cook the chicken tenders according to the instructions on the packaging. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, sriracha, ginger and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir in the rest of the peanut sauce ingredients until a smooth but thick sauce comes together. Set aside until ready to assemble the wraps.
- Assemble the wraps by spreading on about 1-2 tablespoons of the peanut sauce followed by the broccoli slaw, chicken tenders and other toppings as desired. Tightly wrap and cut diagonally (as desired). Serve immediately. Leave remaining ingredients unassembled for freshest leftovers. Enjoy!