My boyfriend bought me a black truffle for our anniversary…because nothing says “LOVE” like fungus. But seriously, love him lots for this – he knows that this was literally the PERFECT gift for me because I love all kinds of foods. And plus, now I get to share some truffle knowledge with you.
Sorry about the color flashing every once in a while, I’m still figuring out my new set up! Hope it’s not too awful.
Not a sponsor, but here’s where my truffle came from: https://goo.gl/TshsDy
Have you ever tried a truffle? What does a truffle smell like to you? Let me know in the comments!
Black Truffle Butter
- 2 tablespoons black truffle finely grated
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- Soften the butter until it reaches room temperature and is easy to spread.
- Clean the truffle with a wet, soft bristled brush until clean, then use a fine cheese grater to grate about two tablespoons of truffle. PROTIP: Use about one tablespoon of black truffle per stick of butter.
- Cream together the butter and grated truffle until smooth then shape into a log and roll in parchment. Eat the fresh butter within three weeks or place in an airtight baggie and freeze for up to a year. Enjoy.