It’s just starting to snow outside as I write this. I’m most certainly not ready for the snow this early, so to combat the cold, I’m cooking the one thing that’s name implies the opposite effect: chili. And not just any chili – white chicken chili.
My white chili is packed with everything from sweet corn to green chilies. It’s a sinus clearing extravaganza that’s packed with protein, which means this chili might actually cure the common cold. You can substitute ground chicken for a roast chicken if you prefer a chunkier chili. The broth the chili cooks in is creamy and delicious, so not matter how you like your chicken, you are definitely in for a delicious dinner.
I topped my chili with a dollop of Greek yogurt, fresh jalapenos and a fresh spritz of lime. Now that I have this recipe in my arsenal, I can conquer any cold winter night, no problem!
White Chicken Chili | 30 Minute Meals
- 24 oz ground chicken
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 ½ cup white & golden sweet corn drained
- ½ cup green chiles drained
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 ½ cup white navy beans drained & rinsed
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup gruyere
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno sliced for topping
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for topping
- plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for topping
- In a large pot over high heat, add the olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the chopped onions and saute until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the corn, chilies, poblano pepper and garlic. Stir until everything is combined.
- Add the ground chicken and cook until crumbled and beginning to brown. Stir in the white beans then pour in the chicken broth. Add the juice of half a lime and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer for twenty minutes.
- Reduce the heat for low and stir in the heavy cream, Gruyere cheese and cream cheese. Stir until the cheeses have melted into the chili.
- Serve right away and top with fresh sliced jalapenos and a dollop of Greek yogurt. Garnish with parsley, as desired. Spritz on some fresh lime and serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!