Sometimes you just need to wrap your food in bacon. It’s okay. I’ve been there. I’m probably there now. When you have the irresistible desire to be healthy, but still do shit like this and wrap everything in bacon. I’m here to help.
Today, bacon is a vegetable.
These things are seriously so easy, just about anyone can make them! And asparagus bundles look impressive and have flavor to match. Start by wrapping 3 asparagus(es?) into a bundle using bacon to hold it together.
Then prepare a glass dish with some olive oil. If you are just throwing diet to the wind, use a small slice of butter on the asparagus(i?) tips to make them SUPER crunchy – and if you’ve never experienced a perfectly crisp asparagus tip, you’re missing out.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until bacon is turning red and the asparagus is losing moisture.
Sprinkle with feta cheese or serve with a nice chicken bacon strata!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 9 stalks asparagus
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Clean the asparagus stalks and trim off any hard bottoms.
- Take 3 stalks of asparagus and use a strip of bacon to wrap them together. To ensure the bundle holds together, slightly overlap the bacon as you wrap it around the stalks.
- Spritz some olive oil into a glass baking dish and place the wrapped asparagus bundles inside. Sprinkle sea salt and cracked pepper over them.
- Place a teaspoon of minced garlic on the tips of each bundle and add a teaspoon of butter on top of the garlic.
- Cook the bundles in the preheated oven for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked and turns red. Once done, you can sprinkle the bundles with feta cheese for an extra burst of flavor. Enjoy!