Sometimes you just need to wrap your food in bacon. It’s okay. I’ve been there. I’m probably there now. When you have the irresistible desire to be healthy, but still do shit like this and wrap everything in bacon. I’m here to help.
Today, bacon is a vegetable.
These things are seriously so easy, just about anyone can make them! And asparagus bundles look impressive and have flavor to match. Start by wrapping 3 asparagus(es?) into a bundle using bacon to hold it together.
Then prepare a glass dish with some olive oil. If you are just throwing diet to the wind, use a small slice of butter on the asparagus(i?) tips to make them SUPER crunchy – and if you’ve never experienced a perfectly crisp asparagus tip, you’re missing out.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until bacon is turning red and the asparagus is losing moisture.
Sprinkle with feta cheese or serve with a nice chicken bacon strata!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 9 stalks asparagus
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Clean your asparagus and trim off any hard bottoms.
- In bundles of 3, use the bacon to wrap the asparagus together. The trick to keep it together is to have the bacon slightly overlap itself going up the stalks.
- Spritz some olive oil into a glass baking dish and place the wrapped asparagus inside and crack sea salt and pepper corns over it.
- Place a teaspoon of garlic on the tips of each bundle and a teaspoon of butter on top of the garlic.
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and red. Serve with a chicken bacon strata and enjoy!