Every once in a while, I get the midnight munchies. And because we generally don’t keep many snack items around our house, I’m ‘forced’ to make something for myself. Fortunately, we always have a good supply of corn kernels for popping in our stove top popper – and an assortment of fun ingredients to flavor it with.
This particular instance, I found some black truffle butter hidden in the back of our fridge and I was instantly inspired. For some reason, black truffle and parmesan was all I could think of! So I bust out our stove popper and added the truffle butter until it was completely melted.
After that, it’s time to get popping! Our popper is done with a hand crank, so you have to keep an eye on the kernels to make sure they don’t burn once they start popping. After about three minutes, you’ll have a full popper of popcorn. Remember, even a fourth cup of kernels can go a long way!
Once the popcorn was popped but still hot, I generously topped my popcorn with grated Parmesan cheese and some parsley for a hint of color. Of course, I ended up eating the popcorn in the dark in front of my TV as I admittedly watched trashy reality shows late into the night.
Black Truffle Parmesan Popcorn
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 teaspoons black truffle butter
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- fresh parsley for topping
- Melt the butter in a stove-top popper over medium low heat. Add the corn kernels and increase the heat to medium. Crank or stir the kernels occasionally, until they start popping.
- Continuously crank the popper while the kernels are still popping. When the popper goes longer than 3 seconds without hearing a *pop* the popcorn is done.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and parsley over the popcorn as desired. Serve hot and enjoy!