Please do not adjust your monitor. These potatoes ARE purple. And they are freaking DELICIOUS. I mean, if you like potatoes, you will like these spiffy spuds.
Just in case you were wondering, I made these potatoes for the one color challenge and if you haven’t yet guessed it, the color I chose was purple.
Begin by throughly cleaning your potatoes. Peeling is optional, as you can see, I left my skins on. Boil in a large pot of water for about 20 minutes until softened then drain. Since purple potatoes are already pretty small, I didn’t find the need to cut mine into chunks, though if you get some particularly large potatoes or have a weak mixer, I recommend chopping them up!
Toss into your mixer and turn on a low speed.
Add the garlic, milk, and sour cream and then beat on medium speed until blended.
Be sure to not mix for too long or else the potatoes will become ‘gluey’ in consistency. Then serve with other purple things, like eggplant steak or radicchio cole slaw! I could eat these potatoes all day, erry day.
Mashed Purple Potatoes
- 16 oz purple potatoes
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Place your potatoes into a large pot and cover with about an inch of cold water. Bring to a boil for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are easily poke-able with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and then throw into a bowl for a stand mixer. Blend the potatoes with the milk, garlic and sour cream.
- Serve warm with butter, parsley and chives. Enjoy!