Some nights you crave waffles. Some nights you crave s’mores. And some nights, you crave both! That’s the position I found myself in a few nights ago, at least. But it also just so happened we didn’t exactly have any of the ingredients for waffles and barely the right s’mores essentials. So I had to get creative.
Surprisingly, no waffle mix was no problem. And subbing in mini chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs helped hit all the s’more flavors. Marshmallow fluff helped to hold everything together.
For my s’more waffles, I flattened canned biscuit dough and pressed mini chocolate chips in the center of each. Then I folded the dough around marshmallows in the center and sealed the edges.
After that, it’s just a matter of popping the stuffed biscuits into a preheated waffle iron and cook for about 4-6 minutes, until the biscuit is golden brown. It’s likely that the marshmallow will evaporate out of the center, leaving a sweet and crispy center.
I stacked my waffles an used a stick and some marshmallow fluff to help keep it all together. For an added punch of s’more flavors, I sprinkled on crushed graham crackers. What I love about these waffles is that you can get away with eating them as breakfast OR dessert!
S’more Waffles on a Stick
- Preheat and spray the waffle iron with cooking oil. Flatten the biscuits between your palms until 1/4 inch thick.
- Press 1-2 tablespoons of the mini chocolate chips into the center of each biscuit. Place a marshmallow on the top of half of the biscuits.
- Take the other half of each biscuit and press the dough over the marshmallow, enclosing it between the two biscuits. Pinch the edges together.
- Place a single biscuit in the center of the waffle iron and press down firmly. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the biscuits are cooked through and golden brown. The marshmallow will likely melt and evaporate out of the centers, leaving a crispy, sweet middle. Repeat with the remaining stuffed biscuits.
- Cut or separate the waffles into fourths and stack. Secure with a bamboo skewer and drizzle marshmallow fluff over the waffles. Sprinkle on the graham cracker crumbs. Serve as a special breakfast or extra sweet dessert. Enjoy!